Eat The Larder: Comeback Challenge

I have a tendency to hoard food. There's really just no getting around it. A combination of anxiety over running out and excitement over trying new things means that I overbuy, and buy things that I don't use often. This has resulted in an overflowing pantry and further anxiety. 

So every year at least once (and usually during the leaner months for hours at work), I try to challenge our household to the Eat the Larder challenge created by NW Edible Life: try to limit grocery purchases to perishables only, and eat through the non-staples and overstocked items. 

This year I'm enlisting the help of my neighbors, and putting together a couple family food boxes to gift through our Buy Nothing group. 

We are already a week into it but finally life with a baby is letting me get back to blogging, since I figured out how to make it work from my phone, except pictures. Which means I can blog while nursing!

Make sure you're connected to us on Facebook where I post snippets about, for example, how batch cook days are going! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food Storage: Dry goods and Freezer goods, all in one day!

DUDE! Get On That Already!: Making a DIY Pot Rack

Menu & To-Do list: Sept 30-Oct 7