Menu: July 1-7

I know I promised y'all a garden update last week, but I unapologetically spent my week having fun outside, and recovering from my cold. I'm feeling much better now, thanks for asking! (And I know you did! Because my readers are pretty awesome and caring like that.)

The heat last week was murder. Cooking in that heat was even worse. So this week we made a point of creating a menu that is all salad, all the time! But rather than getting stuck with the same dinner every day for a week, we still switched it up a bit. During our meeting I made the joke, "How many ways can we make pasta salad?" It's not quite that bad, but let me show you what I mean.






What's on the menu?

Breakfasts: Yogurt and honey sprinkles (AKA bee pollen, great for allergies and really seems to help); yogurt and granola; eggs.

Lunches: Leftovers; pizzadilla; cold cut sandwiches.

Snacks: Yogurt; hard boiled eggs; fruit.

Dinners:
Monday: Sunny, 92 degrees! Mr. Moon works the early shift, then we have the evening free. Food prep for the week this night will include pre-cooking pasta and rice and chicken breasts, and maybe even the taco meat.
I made meatballs with the leftover thawed ground beef from our burgers the other day, since I needed a little more than one package for all of us but not two. Thus, our only hot meal this week, on the hottest day, go figure: Meatballs Marinara. Haven't yet decided if it will be over pasta or hoagies, depends on our mood when we make it. [beef; pasta; freezer]

Tuesday: Sunny, 90 degrees. Busy day with an appointment and grocery shopping, so I'm happy we have a toss-together meal on hand.
Chicken pasta salad with broccoli and cheddar. [bird; pasta; salad; cold; freezer]

Wednesday: Sunny, 89 degrees. We are hoping to get up super early and rearrange our storage unit that's gotten out of control, before the heat of the day sets in. But Mr. Moon informs me the plums will be ready to pick then, so we might have to focus on harvesting that day.
Taco Salad will only require some quick browning of taco chunks, and throwing toppings in a bowl over salad. This is why I keep canned beans on hand! [beef; salad; cold; Mexican]

Thursday: Sunny, 88 degrees. Happy Independence Day, America! Going out to dinner with a friend and his parents, so the 'Rents are on their own for dinner.
On Your Own Night [OYO]

Friday: Sunny, 88 degrees. Mr. Moon works a double, so dinner needs to be prepped ahead.
Mediterranean Rice Salad is something we can toss together that morning and will be good to marinate over the day. I'll be throwing together a Greekish rice (lemon and oregano rice), chopping up parsley and tomato and cucumber and onion, mixing it all together with some cooked chickpeas (canned), and topping with a greek dressing. Might add some tahini to the dressing, and/or tzaziki to go along. I've got some feta left over from Greek dinner date night, for mine. [rice; salad; vegetarian; Greek; cold]

Saturday: Sunny, 76 degrees. Finally a break from the heat! If we don't get to the storage unit on Wednesday, hopefully we can do it Saturday. Or perhaps we will be processing plums from the tree if we get a good haul.
Egg Salad Sandwiches and Carrot Slaw. [sandwich; salad; vegetarian; cold]

Sunday: Sunny, 85 degrees. Mr. Moon works the evening shift. By the time we get the white boards done in the morning it will be time for him to head to work!
On Your Own; Leftovers Buffet for me! I'm sure there will be bits and even whole servings of these salads left over, so I'll load up a plate and be on my merry. [OYO]

---------------------
What's on your menu this week? Need planning ideas? I'll be linking up at orgjunkie.com, if you need other ideas!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food Storage: Dry goods and Freezer goods, all in one day!

DUDE! Get On That Already!: Making a DIY Pot Rack

Grocery Shopping: To coupon or price book?