What do you do when you get sick?

This cold is really throwing me for a loop. I keep feeling better then worse again.

My mom asked me today what I'm doing for it, and I told her I'm throwing everything I've got at it. "Like what?" she asked. I'm not sure I understand why she asked with such incredulity, but I started listing things:

  • Antibiotics (since I ended up with a sinus and lower respiratory infection, awesome)
  • Sudafed
  • Mucinex
  • Robitussin
  • Codeine cough syrup at night
  • Vitamin C cough drops
  • Tylonel (for fever & both the headache and muscle aches from fever & coughing)
  • FloVent (steroids for asthma)
  • FloNase (steroids for allergies)
  • Zyrtec (because it's allergy season anyway)
  • Albuterol (yay asthma!)
And besides the pharmaceuticals, of course I'm doing home remedy things too:
  • Tea
  • Pineapple (supposed to be a cough suppressant)
  • Coconut water
  • Soup, broth, whatever warm liquids with nutrients I can stand
  • Honey (though I had to toss my jar of lemon ginger honey and haven't made more)
  • Eucalyptus steam, in bath, shower, and sink form
  • Vick's (which you're right I consider a home remedy, have you seen the ingredients? You can make it yourself)
  • All the naps. So many naps. Considering another one here soon. 
  • One thing I haven't done but usually do: Bourbon. And I gotta say, I'm missing out. 
What do you do when you have a cold? What about if it's one of those that you just can't kick, that you start to feel better but backslide again the next day?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food Storage: Dry goods and Freezer goods, all in one day!

DUDE! Get On That Already!: Making a DIY Pot Rack

Menu & To-Do list: Sept 30-Oct 7