My mom asked me today what I'm doing for it, and I told her I'm throwing everything I've got at it. "Like what?" she asked. I'm not sure I understand why she asked with such incredulity, but I started listing things:
- Antibiotics (since I ended up with a sinus and lower respiratory infection, awesome)
- Codeine cough syrup at night
- Vitamin C cough drops
- Tylonel (for fever & both the headache and muscle aches from fever & coughing)
- FloVent (steroids for asthma)
- FloNase (steroids for allergies)
- Zyrtec (because it's allergy season anyway)
- Albuterol (yay asthma!)
And besides the pharmaceuticals, of course I'm doing home remedy things too:
- Pineapple (supposed to be a cough suppressant)
- Coconut water
- Soup, broth, whatever warm liquids with nutrients I can stand
- Honey (though I had to toss my jar of lemon ginger honey and haven't made more)
- Eucalyptus steam, in bath, shower, and sink form
- Vick's (which you're right I consider a home remedy, have you seen the ingredients? You can make it yourself)
- All the naps. So many naps. Considering another one here soon.
- One thing I haven't done but usually do: Bourbon. And I gotta say, I'm missing out.
What do you do when you have a cold? What about if it's one of those that you just can't kick, that you start to feel better but backslide again the next day?