Wednesday, June 17, 2015

What do you do when you get sick?

This cold is really throwing me for a loop. I keep feeling better then worse again.

My mom asked me today what I'm doing for it, and I told her I'm throwing everything I've got at it. "Like what?" she asked. I'm not sure I understand why she asked with such incredulity, but I started listing things:

  • Antibiotics (since I ended up with a sinus and lower respiratory infection, awesome)
  • Sudafed
  • Mucinex
  • Robitussin
  • Codeine cough syrup at night
  • Vitamin C cough drops
  • Tylonel (for fever & both the headache and muscle aches from fever & coughing)
  • FloVent (steroids for asthma)
  • FloNase (steroids for allergies)
  • Zyrtec (because it's allergy season anyway)
  • Albuterol (yay asthma!)
And besides the pharmaceuticals, of course I'm doing home remedy things too:
  • Tea
  • Pineapple (supposed to be a cough suppressant)
  • Coconut water
  • Soup, broth, whatever warm liquids with nutrients I can stand
  • Honey (though I had to toss my jar of lemon ginger honey and haven't made more)
  • Eucalyptus steam, in bath, shower, and sink form
  • Vick's (which you're right I consider a home remedy, have you seen the ingredients? You can make it yourself)
  • All the naps. So many naps. Considering another one here soon. 
  • One thing I haven't done but usually do: Bourbon. And I gotta say, I'm missing out. 
What do you do when you have a cold? What about if it's one of those that you just can't kick, that you start to feel better but backslide again the next day?

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget