Menu: Oct 26 - Nov 1


Happy Halloween! My favorite day of the year, tied with my birthday. Traditionally in my family we always had chili and hot dogs in the crockpot for Halloween. When I moved out here, I missed a year doing it. I didn't need to feed a family of people at different times, or have something ready to warm us up when we got back from trick or treating. But still, I found I was kind of sad about it. So the next year, I introduced Mr. Moon to my longstanding family tradition of chili & hot dogs as Halloween dinner. And I've done it ever since.

Somehow we ended up with an easy week ahead of us, though still with plenty of home cooked meals in store. We're getting used to the new schedule, albeit with a few reservations on my part. I'm keenly aware that we're over stocked with food, and we're working together to eat through it instead of buying more, so this menu focuses a lot on Eating the Larder as it were. 

What's on the menu?

Breakfasts: Oatmeal in the rice cooker; bagels & cream cheese; eggs.

Lunches: 1 serving leftover curry paneer, 1 serving pita pizzas, tuna melts, pizzadillas.

Snacks: granola bars, power balls, fig bars, V8.

Dinners:
Monday: Mr. Moon has a work shift that includes a meal as part of his compensation, so I'm meeting him for dinner at his work! [Out]

Tuesday: Tortellini Soup [vegetarian; pasta; soup; comfort food; Italian; easy; crockpot]

Wednesday: Sesame noodle bowl [pasta; easy]

Thursday: Savory French Toast -- We are going to try something different! There's frozen sourdough bread we need to use up, so the batter will have some as-yet undetermined herbs and spices, then we're making hollandaise to go over it in place of the syrup. We'll let you know how it does! [vegetarian; something new; breakfast for dinner]

Friday: Broccoli Mac [vegetarian; easy]

Saturday: Happy Halloween! Chili & Hot Dogs [meat; beans; crockpot]

Sunday: Steak & potatoes [meat]

---------------------
What's on your menu this week? Need planning ideas? I'll be linking up at orgjunkie.com, if you need other ideas!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food Storage: Dry goods and Freezer goods, all in one day!

DUDE! Get On That Already!: Making a DIY Pot Rack

Grocery Shopping: To coupon or price book?