Menu: June 3-9

The wedding we went to last week was lovely. Just my luck, lack of sleep and allergies combined to make me absolutely miserable, and we almost didn't stay past the grand entrance. But by the time we'd said our goodbyes, the toasts were starting so we stuck around for that and the first dance. But we made it home safe and sound, no sleeping on the freeway, and got home to rest.

With our new lounge area up and running, we've had to set some ground rules. Such as "no video games after 10pm," or else we just end up staying up all night. We may need to set a rule of "no screen time" after 10pm, instead, but we will see how this goes for now. As counterintuitive as it sounds, and contrary to our meal plan, we've been eating through some of our junk food last week so that this week we can focus again on better eating habits. The problem with me driving Mr. Moon around on his job hunt is that even if the job hunting takes only as much time as any job he could get, I'm used to using the time that he's working to rest so that there's any chance of getting things done together when he's home. Instead, that's more energy than I have to just get him around, and I have nothing left in me by the time we get home. We are working on getting him a driver's license sooner rather than later. But it's resulted in some lunches out that could have been avoided if we'd planned a picnic of sorts, and then we haven't had it in us to prep a lot of food for lunches OR dinners. Not helping. And of course it means there was extra wasted food last week that was purchased or leftover from the week before and never eaten. It's very frustrating!

This week I didn't even have it in me to do a menu plan. I don't know if it's allergies or the continued effects of a night of not sleeping or what the problem is, but I woke up at 1pm and took a nap from 3-5pm and then another one from 9:30-10pm! I don't see how I can possibly expect to sleep tonight. We got the To Do list done, but when it came to meal planning, I was just too overwhelmed. Still am, really. We have a rib roast thawing that we will cook tomorrow, and otherwise we are just going to play it by ear this week. We have fresh fruit and vegetables for snacks. That's as much as I'm planning today.

Maybe sometimes we just need a break, and without his parents here I'm not feeling pressured to have a plan because we have the time and ability to decide when we're home for the day what to eat for dinner, which would be later than we'd have to be serving his parents. Not having to have dinner on the table between 5 and 7pm helps us be a little more flexible. But I don't want to get into a habit of this, either! I expect within the next couple days I'll sit down and scratch some ideas out. When I'm feeling a little less overwhelmed and exhausted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food Storage: Dry goods and Freezer goods, all in one day!

DUDE! Get On That Already!: Making a DIY Pot Rack

Sub-Urban Gardening