Menu: March 11-17



Mr. Moon's new job is shaping up well. The busier weeks seem to actually be good for us in some ways, since it forces us to be a bit more rigid with our scheduling. it does have the benefit of not feeling as if we have all the time in the world to accomplish things. On the other hand, it makes me much more anxious when I'm hit with sudden exhaustion or the inability to walk, for example. I'm still learning to be fluid with my planning when necessary, and I suppose that will be a lesson I will keep learning throughout my life.

I am rather excited to get onto planting, though it looks like it will be waiting until next week at the earliest. I'd like to be starting seeds indoors, but as I've discovered that heirloom, Non-GMO seeds aren't any more expensive than I've been buying conventional seeds at the nurseries, I've decided to order some of those and do the best I can with the timing. Fortunately we've been saving up our milk and egg cartons, so we should have plenty of seed cups and can hurry them along a bit with some mini-greenhouse action.


What's on the menu?

Breakfasts: Bagels with chive & thyme cream cheese; yogurt and granola; fried eggs

Lunches: Pasta salad; quesadillas; turkey sandwiches

Snacks: fruit

Dinners:
Monday: Turkey Stew and Dumplings [turkey; freezer; crockpot; traditional]

Tuesday: Grilled cheese and tomato soup (possibly homemade roasted red pepper tomato soup, probably not) [vegetarian; light; soup]

Wednesday: Salmon cakes, rice cooked in salmon stock, broccoli [fish; freezer; traditional]

Thursday: On Your Own night; I'm making peppered cream steak for date night! [OYO]

Friday: Spaghetti [vegetarian; pasta]

Saturday: Wide Rice and Veggies Soup [vegetarian; rice; soup; freezer]

Sunday: Happy St. Patrick's Day! On Your Own Night; the parents are having friends over for dinner for corned beef and cabbage, the mister and I will eat leftovers [OYO]

---------------------
What's on your menu this week? Need planning ideas? I'll be linking up at orgjunkie.com, if you need other ideas!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food Storage: Dry goods and Freezer goods, all in one day!

DUDE! Get On That Already!: Making a DIY Pot Rack

Grocery Shopping: To coupon or price book?