Running To Do List: April Quarterly Update
A nice, updated list after the first quarter of the year has gone by. I highlighted our highest priorities in red, the things we are working on now or will be in the next few weeks.
Everywhere, first step:
Get before pictures! Replant container bed by front door. Remove the rose bush that is creeping into the walkway.
- Re-edge the existing beds, and refill with wood chips as needed--not buying more though!
- Prune roses. All the roses. Possibly use the pruned bits to grow roots on new plants, potentially even to replace the existing ones that aren't in the best shape.
- Fill the beds with flowers. What we have now leaves most of the yard bare most of the time, I'd like to landscape in such a way as to have something blooming most of the time and not ever have to look at a bunch of rotting yuck.
- Plant the toilet planter or get rid of it. (Half done.)
- Prune the roses along the shed, re-trellis them, or get rid of them.
- Remove the tree by the patio, and the one by the compost.
- Remove most of the plants (and wood chips) along the back of the house and re-plant that whole area with usefulness and patio parties in mind.
- Re-edge the existing beds.
Break down firewood.
- Hang eye bolts on the hanging planter rail.
Pull out existing plants. Cover beds with newspaper and cardboard.
- Build compost bin.
- Build raised beds.
- Plan and execute vegetable gardening plan!
- Install rain barrels.
- Power wash siding, concrete, windows.
- Repaint wheelchair ramp.
Clean out garage. Donate tools and such.
- Put away the final boxes that need moved into their homes.
- Pick up two couches from an Aunt.
- Arrange garage as lounge area.
- Related: Move to a smaller storage unit if possible.
- Paint all the things! Every single room needs a paint job.
- Scrub hardwood in entryway and seal it.
- Replace some/all of the flooring (esp. kitchen and bathrooms, also dining room, hallway, living room).
- Replace chandelier with globe light.
- Bolster the small appliance shelves.
- Sand and refinish the countertop edges and backsplash.
- Install a tile backsplash behind stovetop.
- Clean, reorganize bookshelves.
- Sand and refinish the tabletop.
- Replace curtains.
- Replace/Dye curtains.
- Sort, scrub, and reorganize.
- Set up Mum's computer.
- Install more lights.
Put DVDs in garage. Unpack records.
- Unpack books.
- Put up my jewelry and hair stuff.
Sort cleaning supplies and store properly. Move toilet paper and paper towels inside.
- Lacto-fermented veggies
- Sourdough and whole grain everything! Pretzels, pancakes/waffles, cookies, who knows what else
- Yogurt and sour cream
- Perfect the mozzarella recipe
- Roasted chickpea snacks
- Mr. Moon wants to get more into baking in general, and I want to get into baking with soaked & sprouted grains