Eats & Treats: Bacon Salt!

An old roommate brought home bacon salt one day because it was funny. I actually liked the stuff though, and it became a favorite popcorn topper. I was so sad when the bottle ran out, and then one day I decided to see how to make my own. Although to be fair, store-bought bacon salt (at least all the ones I've seen) are actually vegan products, and this is certainly NOT.

I don't have any pictures of the process, but suffice it to say, it was super easy. Almost-burn some bacon, puree, then blend with salt and seasonings. Store in the fridge.

I haven't actually tried it on popcorn yet, but I'm really looking forward to it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food Storage: Dry goods and Freezer goods, all in one day!

DUDE! Get On That Already!: Making a DIY Pot Rack

Sub-Urban Gardening