31 days of dinner #2: Baked Nachos

The menu says salmon & broccoli, but Mum had oral surgery and Pops had a class that neither one bothered to contribute to the schedule before the menu was planned. So Pineapple salmon has been bumped to next week (benefits of cooking from frozen), we'll make some lunch salad with the broccoli, and Mr. Moon and I had to come up with something else for dinner.

I hate baked nachos, and I hate restaurant nachos, so I don't know why I thought this was a good idea. I guess I wanted to give it a shot, and perhaps end up with food that was still hot when I get to eating it, unlike when I usually do nachos. BAD PLAN.

Layer of chips, lots of cheese, black beans, diced onion. Layer of chips, smoked pulled pork, salsa, Tapatio, cheese. Bake on 350 for about 15-20 minutes. Cut in half and serve, topped with sour cream and scallions, eat with a fork.


Mr. Moon loved it. I stopped halfway through because I was frustrated, bored, and annoyed, much to his excitement since it meant more for him. I got myself some popcorn later in the evening, unpictured.

Dinner Fail.

Maybe later this month I'll show you what REAL nachos look like!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food Storage: Dry goods and Freezer goods, all in one day!

DUDE! Get On That Already!: Making a DIY Pot Rack

Grocery Shopping: To coupon or price book?